Tuesday, February 25, 2014

How do you make something good?

How do you make something good?
Go ahead and believe that it's easy
or hard. I don't mind.
But it falls somewhere in between
(Change under the couch cushions.)
You make something good one minuscule piece at a time.
Breath by breath
Step by step
Line by line.
You may feel like it's magic as you work
Its undeveloped fetus may resonate in time with your cells
But you won't know for sure
(if what you've made is good or not)
until you reach the end of it.
Your life
Your dance
Your poem.
The final line is the decider
And I've reached mine.
(Have I made something good?)

4 comments:

  1. "Its undeveloped fetus may resonate in time with your cells" is by far the most interesting line in any poem that I have ever read. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked the idea you were talking about in this poem but if it were me i would have left out the last line Have i made something good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you have made something good. It was fast pace but it seemd to fit every well and it had the flow. It some what rhymed a bit in some places but it was really good though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. first of all the connection to the coins int he coach was awesome! i really liked how you asked a question in the begining, and then ended it with an opinion for the reader to make, it in a way connects tha illusion and understanding of "how to make somthing good"

    ReplyDelete