The lights sparkled
on the water
As the reflection of
the moon rose over the tide
The crash of the
waves becoming an inaudible background noise
As the transition
from dusk to night is completed
The waves creep
slowly up the beach
Like a serpent
stalking its pray
The beach is eerily quiet
The gulls have all
nested for the night to regain strength
from their daily
skirmish for food
knowing that tomorrow
it shall resume
the only sound is the
waves
rolling in and out
hypnotizing
peaceful like the shallow breaths of a sleeping earth.
I love the imagery and rhythm in this.
ReplyDeletei loved how you depicted this as Earth falling asleep! good description of the transition from day time movemnts to night time settling.
ReplyDeleteI liked that you were able to create so many metaphors for such a common moment. I liked the last line especially, "peaceful like the shallow breaths of a sleeping earth"
ReplyDeleteThe rhythm is very peaceful and serene and I love your diction and imagery. It took me to a beach that I hadn't even been to. I also really love the last line.
ReplyDeleteGreat job capturing a serene moment on a beach at night. The image was conveyed well, and the tone was constant throughout. Nice.
ReplyDelete