The light dies
And crumbled in my armsAs darkness now, holds around me,
Now darkness bows to me
I now sit on my throne
A prince that was beaten
Tortured stripped of everything
Even my light
To be in such a small room
Only darkness was my only
Friend
Everyone left me in isolation
Even my own blood
Had left me
Now I sit on my thrown
No longer a prince who fought to survive
Now a king
A king who is now feared but
Yet loved
Those who stand against me
Will meet their end
The light that once was
My knowing
Is now the light of darkness
I fought my way here
I have bled been nothing
But a dog on the floor
Left to rot
Left to be less then dirt
Now I’m on top
Those who did me wrong
Now tremble in fear
Near me is darkness
I stand among people
You must be your own master
Your own light
But if you don’t then
You give up
For giving up is what kills
People
People whose light died and
Crumbles in their arms are
Trampled upon
Those like I who refuse
Even when our light crumbles
Will not fear darkness
For we will learn to embrace them
For they are us
Part of everyone and everything around us
I really like the line "You must be your own master/ Your own light." This has a good message behind it. :)
ReplyDeleteI Really Like the imagry and how it portrayed the overall poem setting the melencoly tone.
Deletethis is such a beautiful poem and it makes me want to go and give you a hug. the being was sad but powerful and the end oh the end just makes you so happy and makes you feel strong and like you can get through anything
ReplyDeleteThis gave me some serious chills! I loved your diction, it was amazingly powerful! The line lengths also really added to the meaning and boosted this piece that much higher in my opinion. I love the lines "Now darkness bows to me" and "the light of darkness".
ReplyDeleteThis is incredible. The language is beautiful, but the message is so very melancholy. Desolate, almost. You've conveyed something very, very powerful.
ReplyDelete