Monday, February 10, 2014

Moment Poem

Far within a dense Forest, just north of the Rocky Mountains
I sat curled and trapped
Surrounded by thorns and chilled wind
They struck my mind with cold, harsh pain
I couldn’t move
Each direction brought a jolting pain
Nowhere to go, lost in darkness
Then a white bird broke through the dense thorn mass
With every flap its wings brought light
It swooped and swirled
Mesmerized by its dance
My soul as if left my body and joined it
A Dove, a Dove is what it was
Warmth caressed my iced skin
Light crumpled the thorns
As I sat in peace
They shriveled around me
All darkness gone
I can see the forest again
Tears once of fear now rolled of my cheek
As they seeded the soil flowers budded in its place
The Dove now dancing around me
I could feel its presence shoot through my veins
I found myself dancing with it now
Opening my arms wide as I spun
Sun and warmth on my skin
The trees separated
Creating a path out
I left the darkness, the pain behind
Now reaching for the light ahead
Dancing with my savior
New light
New life
Now hope.

4 comments:

  1. This poem conveys hope very well. I especially like the lines "Each direction brought a jolting pain / Nowhere to go, lost in darkness"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem certainly got its point across. Pretty good use of varying diction, although some punctuation may have served to clarify rhythm in some spots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really great poem
    i can feel the hope
    i really like the three closing lines
    the poem has a good flow

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked the imagre of this poem but i was a little confused of the meaning of the poem or what was going on

    ReplyDelete