Our memories lie deep within our hearts
When we used to run in the sunTo catch those fireflies were so much fun
And the days making a forest a kingdom
To those of bruised knees and broken noses
Chasing the ice-cream man
We ran together though fields of gold
Making the battle cries of broken tree branches
We crunched under our feet
The cool nights camping in the old tree house
And to when we cried
I will forever remember the days we had
Cause even though your gone now I
Still remember the last memory with you
Was the day you died
I really liked how genuine this poem was. I loved how you personified "the battle cries of broken tree branches." This is about childhood memories with a loved one who has since passed away. Great use of imagery, by the way. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat imagery and I love the way you brought to life memories that many of us can relate to. I especially love your line "To those of bruised knees and broken noses" simply because I too held quite a few bruises on my knees!
ReplyDeleteIt's incredible how this poem starts off so wonderfully innocent and light, and then packs such an emotional punch at the end.
ReplyDeleteI love the ending twist to this poem. Such as how it seem nice but at the end it was someones memorie of a love one.
ReplyDelete