Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Ice Skating and Waiting

I watched.
I waited,
With baited breath
as time stood still.

The cold air melted in my tights,
and creeping up my dress.
It seems all the eyes are waiting.
Expecting only the best.

My breathing stops.
the music starts to play.
Left, right, left, right,
Never be afraid.
Left, right, left, right,
You're doing fine, you're okay.

Time drags on,
I feel the eyes on me.
Then suddenly the music stops.

Silence clings in the air.
I leave my icy stage,
now decorated by my skates

I watch.
I wait,
with bated breath
as time again stands still.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, the imagery in this was very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the repetition in this poem and how every time you said a line again it had a different meaning to it even though it was the same line

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a cool poem and I felt like I was there with you

    ReplyDelete