Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Moment Poem


The arrow is strung
My eyes are fixed
The elk it just stands
Among the aspens of the mighty Raged Mountains
It looks on not knowing the danger hidden in the shadows
Not knowing its life can end in moments
My partner in the shadows
Stares at me with the intent to let death fly
The arrow hums
Urging me to bring it to life
To end a life
The shadows encircle me
I let the arrow come to life
It strikes
I feel the arrow drain the life out of the elk
I step out of the shadows
The shadows fallow
As if the shadows are me
I go and claim the life I took
I grasp the arrow
Touching the liquid of life
That flows over it
That arrow hums in delight
Knowing that I have claimed a life.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the imagery in this poem. I felt almost as if I were the arrow buzzing through the air. I liked the contrast between life and death, but I would suggest not repeating the word "life" so often, as it got a little distracting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was a really powerful poem. i liked how you were the shadows and that you collected a life, it gives you a different perspective. really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good poem. Fairly clear, although a few words seemed to be repeated quite often. The juxtaposition of bringing an arrow to life in order to claim a life was interesting.

    ReplyDelete