High in the mountains of Colorado
My friend and I came across a beast
We stopped to admire, but with cautionAs the beast stood, staring at us intently
His stance was filled with majesty
His eyes filled with honor
He had his head held high, as a proud flag
His hooves were firmly planted tree stumps
But his grace defeated as he had battle scars
The beast flaunted its great spiral horns
As he reared up to his hind legs
I took this as a warning to step back
And my friend did the same
The beast let out one last huff of air
And a cloud of steam left his nostrils
My friend and I then turned to leave
Back down the mountain we would climb
What a beautiful moment shared with
One of the mountain’s glorious kings
The Big Horn Sheep
I loved the depiction of the big horned sheep's grace. I would never have thought an animal like this could be so majestic. It sounded like, you too, were in awe of this creature, because of how quickly you left in response to its warning.
ReplyDeleteI love how you describe the big horn sheep as a majestic being. They are truly beautiful animals! I loved your diction, especially "His hooves were firmly planted tree stumps" and "the mountain's glorious kings".
ReplyDeleteWe don't usually think of sheep as regal creatures, but the way that you've described this one has me looking at them in a whole new light. I can't really describe this any other way than "poetry." Pure, stupendous poetry.
ReplyDeletei liked your use of imedgree because you were varry descriptive but the poem still read varry easaly
ReplyDelete