With a cardboard helmet
Running though a parking lot
There was more to see
Then what was in sight
I was anything I wanted to be
Where others saw cars
I saw space rovers
Driving on mars
I was never on earth
I was in deep space
Far from the place of my birth
In my spaceship
Heading to the stars
In an endless trip
A vivid imagination
Gone now with
No recognition
You gave it an innocent tone and helped set the child like scene. I thought it brought out the moral that as kids we had more of an outlook on life full of possibilities that were nebver out of reach but since our imagination is gone so is our hope for those "undoable" dreams
ReplyDeleteI thought that this would be silly, but it actually sank in pretty deep. Good job!
ReplyDeleteVery Bubbly IN Tone and it made me feel like when i was a kid again so good job.
DeleteThis really captured the sense of "anything is possible" with a child's imagination and that as we grow older, our imagination can lose its touch. I love that you took something as simple as "When I was an astronaut" and turned it into something deep and meaningful.
ReplyDeleteI can't help but absolutely love the mood that you've captured here. Growing up, and losing so much...like the firm believe that you were an astronaut, exploring another planet.
ReplyDeleteThis peome kinda looked like though a chilld point of view thorgh imagination. How they see the world, and how in a way the child grew up as the poem went on.
ReplyDelete